ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CURRENT GRADE 12 LEARNERS:
- Admission Points Score of 38.
- Minimum NSC requirements for degree entry must be met.
- English, Afrikaans or isiXhosa (home language or first additional language) on at least NSC level 5 (60-69%).
- NSC achievement rating of at least 4 (50-59%) for Mathematics.
- Applicants with an Admission Points Score between 30 and 37 may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WHO MATRICULATED PRIOR TO 2008:
- Matriculation exemption/endorsement.
- Mathematics minimum pass mark of HG=E or SG=C.
- Learners must score at least 31 points on the university’s SPS rating scale.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements for direct admission, and who have an SPS of 18 or higher, may be referred to write the Access Assessment Battery before a decision is made on whether or not to admit the applicant to the course.
Disclaimer: All reasonable steps have been taken to ensure that the information contained on the website is accurate at the date it was published. NMMU reserves the right to make changes to the programme details (e.g. rules, admission requirements) as published on the website. Prospective students are advised to consult the Admissions Department prior to applying.